Alder Associates formed in 2001 with the commitment to use combined skills and experience to leverage their clients' success, and bring a seamless combination of knowledge and expertise that enhances clients' thinking, leadership and organizational capability.
As part of their commitment to their own operational success and sustainability, Alder Associates recently joined the CarbonFree® Business Partnership program. We commend Alder Associates for making this commitment to environmental responsibility and thank them for their partnership.
Alder Associates works with clients to co-design fully integrated approaches in which leadership alignment and strategy implementation are dominant and integral threads in the fabric of the business. Alder Associates provides a seamlessly integrated set of capabilities: strategy implementation, leadership development, and cultural transformation.
For more information, visit http://www.alderassociates.com/index.html.
As people move away from traditional advertising media like radio, television, and newspapers, advertisers are looking toward non-traditional methods to getting out their message. Sponsorships, street teams, and mobile billboards have all become part of the mix to reach out to the public.
Guerrilla Mobile Billboards was founded in 1999 to meet the underserved market for mobile billboards and mobile outdoor advertising campaigns, using their custom designed and built "guerrilla trucks," which feature a billboard on each side to ensure maximum visibility. Guerrilla Mobile Billboards can bring your message where others can't - such as the city or event location where traditional outdoor billboard advertising may be prohibitively expensive or completely unavailable. Mobile billboards provide flexibility of location and time. You also have geographic flexibility - you can target small local areas for intensive, exclusive coverage, or large areas for a broader impact.
But Guerrilla Mobile Billboards faced an environmental quandary when it came to disposing of used banners. In order to have the strength and flexibility to withstand all weather conditions, Guerrilla Mobile Billboards’ banners are made with a scrim reinforcing mesh. A downside of this durable construction method is that billboard banners cannot easily be recycled, like soft drink bottles and milk jugs.
To address the recycling and disposal issue of the banners, Guerrilla Mobile Billboards has partnered with Longleaf Lumber of Cambridge, MA to “repurpose” their used billboard banners. Longleaf Lumber is an antique and reclaimed lumber company with showrooms in Cambridge, MA, and New York City, and a mill in Berwick, ME. Their primary business is the milling of antique flooring derived from salvaged beams and decking, including Heart Pine and other woods associated with older and historical buildings. Until Guerrilla Mobile Billboards teamed up with Longleaf Lumber, they were forced to dispose of the used advertising banners. But a fortuitous discussion in early 2008 led to a repurposing partnership between the two companies. Guerrilla Mobile Billboards welcomed the first visit by Marc Poirier of LongLeaf Lumber and his flatbed truck, and loaded up roughly 100 used 10’ x 20’ banners for the repurposing project. Longleaf Lumber now repurposes the used banners to protect their reclaimed beams and boards, which are stored outside, from harsh weather elements. The banners are much stronger than the typical plastic tarps you buy at the building supply stores thus keeping the wood better protected from wind, rain, sun and snow. “I love the added attraction of the bright colors and unique scenes that these billboards give to our large stacks of weathered wood. It can be mixed media art at times,” says Alice DeGennaro of Longleaf Lumber.
We’re honored to have Guerilla Billboards as a CarbonFree® partner for the past five years, and we applaud their banner repurposing project with Longleaf Lumber as a great example of “reducing what you can” in operational waste and emissions.
- Witness an alpha-male monkey kissing a newborn baby on the forehead
- Cuddle a three-toed sloth in your arms
- Wander the cloudforest in search of the Resplendent Quetzal
- Float silently down the headwaters of the Amazon river past an elusive jaguar
- Dance underwater with playful Galapagos sea lions and penguins
- Track tigers , leopards, elephants and rhinos deep in the magical forests of India
- Listen to gibbons sing love duets to their mates from remote treehouses accessible only by ziplines
- set up their website to have the capability for customers to register and take driver education online;
- recycle all aluminum, bottles, paper and other recyclable products used on-site;
- print double-sided documents whenever possible;
- recycle printer toner cartridges;
- increase the use of local services to maintain vehicles; and
- offset their remaining carbon footprint with Carbonfund.org, to provide carbon neutral driving lessons (note the Carbonfund.org bumper sticker).
- Golden Vegetable Miso-Cup® makes a light and flavorful soup garnished simply with onions and parsley;
- Savory Miso-Cup® with Seaweed offers full-bodied flavor with the mineral rich addition of Wakame Seaweed;
- Organic Traditional Miso-Cup® with Tofu; and
- Reduced Sodium Miso-Cup® which features 68% less sodium.