- set up their website to have the capability for customers to register and take driver education online;
- recycle all aluminum, bottles, paper and other recyclable products used on-site;
- print double-sided documents whenever possible;
- recycle printer toner cartridges;
- increase the use of local services to maintain vehicles; and
- offset their remaining carbon footprint with Carbonfund.org, to provide carbon neutral driving lessons (note the Carbonfund.org bumper sticker).
Friday, 28 October 2011 14:09
Behind the Wheel Offers Lessons in Safe Driving and Environmental ResponsibilityWritten by Linda Kelly
Facing the terror of teaching your teen to drive? Want to learn from “anyone but Mom”? If you live in the Manhattan Beach area of California, you’re in luck! Behind the Wheel Driving School, family-owned and operated since 1994, teaches in-class and online driver education, driver training and brush-up lessons for teens, adults & seniors. BTW Driving School offers students the knowledge to develop safe and defensive driving skills that will last a lifetime. The lessons are taught by experienced personnel, who emphasize driver’s responsibility and the importance of traffic laws. Their lessons curriculum is extensive, detailed and engaging. Driving lessons are offered seven days a week, to meet all schedules. Parents of new teen drivers will have peace of mind, knowing that their child is in safe hands and being taught by the best. And Behind the Wheel Driving School adds a few lessons in environmentally-sound practices to their driving courses. “At Behind the Wheel Driving School, in addition to teaching our students safe & legal driving practices, we believe it is our duty to be environmentally responsible. Additionally, we feel that we can lead by example in our community, which will bring awareness of the value of making as little negative impact as possible on our mother earth,” says Ryan Stack, BTW Driving School Manager. “By making changes for the better, we are committed to developing sustainable business practices that improve our services & our facilities by making them more eco-friendly.”
Published in carbonfree blog
Latest from Linda Kelly
- Earth Day is Here - Plant Trees and Earn Bonus Entries in Our Caribbean Vacation Sweepstakes!
- LightHawk Enters Tenth Year of Flying Carbonfree®
- Benson, Kerrane, Storz & Nelson Reaches Tenth Year as Carbonfree® Business Partner
- Carbonfund.org Celebrates Thirty-Five Partners Reaching Ten Year Anniversaries of Carbon Emissions Reduction Programs
- WONDERHEADS Acts on Its Environmental Responsibility with Carbonfund.org