The Inn at Tabbs Creek
“Where relaxation just comes naturally…” The Inn at Tabbs Creek at Port Haywood in Mathews County Virginia is owned and operated by Greg and Lori Dusenberry. Inspired by passions for the environment, organic gardening and farming, sustainable living and green building practices, our hope is to provide our guests with a relaxing experience and share our love of nature.
Situated on a secluded creek of the Chesapeake Bay in charming Mathews County, Virginia, the Inn has over 800 ft. of waterfront and 8 acres of wooded and open space. The main Inn is an 1880's newly renovated farmhouse with a separate cottage housing the luxury suites just across the garden and pool. An eco-friendly and certified Virginia Green lodging establishment, The Inn at Tabbs Creek is just the place if you appreciate the natural splendor of the outdoors and want the luxury and comfort of a casual B&B.
Entire eco friendly renovation to 1895 farm house and business including:
- Upgrade of all existing heating and air systems to energy efficient units
- Installed on demand hot water heaters in place of old systems
- Improvement of thermal integrity of structure through added insulation and low e argon filled windows
- Use of all No VOC paints
- Use of green building materials such as bamboo, cork and recycled wood products
- Installation of dual flush toilets in each room
- Installed a no chlorine eco friendly filtration system to swimming pool
- Bedding includes all natural Talalay latex foam mattresses, organic or bamboo linens
- Large organic garden where we are growing as much as possible for our breakfast as well as a commitment to providing local, organic and all natural foods for our guest.
- Raising Oysters as well as marine grasses on site through partnership with the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
- Use of eco sensitive cleaners and detergents
- Support of local businesses that encourage low impact tourism of the area including kayak rentals, sailing tours and paddleboarding.
- Implemented a full scale recycling and composting system for all waste of the inn.
“Ecological sensitivity is one of our highest values at The Inn. We strive to implement as many Eco-Friendly practices into our business as possible.” – Greg and Lori Dusenbury, Innkeepers
- City: Port Haywood
- State: VA
- Country: United States