Shareholders care about climate change and energy; in fact, they’re demanding action from the companies they invest in. How do we know this?
According to ClimateBiz of Greener World Media, the number of shareholder resolutions filed with public companies in 2010 has grown from 2009. Eighty-eight US and Canadian companies received a combined 101 shareholder resolutions relating to climate and energy, a 48.5 percent increase.
Investors are demanding more disclosure and action on risks related to climate change and energy. Of the 101 resolutions filed this proxy season, 51 have been withdrawn by investors after their demands were met with action or commitments. Resolutions are generally withdrawn when a company satisfactorily takes steps to address shareholder demands.
The environment is a top-of-mind concern for consumers. Shareholders increasingly are taking note of corporate sustainability initiatives as well. Learn about how your company can take action on climate change by visiting www.carbonfund.org/business. You can read the full ClimateBiz article here.
Just this week, the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists announced that it has partnered with Green Bride Guide to provide expert content and offer greater access to what's green- and wedding- related.here. Image Credits: Style Me Pretty and AWGS
- Check out what’s going on locally! Many cities and towns have parades, fairs, fireworks shows and other events to commemorate Memorial Day and for residents to enjoy the official start of summer activities.
- Share your culinary skills with family & friends! Host a summer barbeque, and to minimize your work in the kitchen, ask guests to bring a dish or help with the meal.
- Take transit! See if you can take public transit and save on gas too. Have you considered taking Amtrak? Train trips can be fun for the kids and the whole family.
- Offset your travel footprint: if you’re driving, flying or taking other modes of transportation, you can offset your footprint affordably and support great projects to advance a clean energy future.
- Take in a baseball game! Whether it’s your local team or the major leagues, you’re likely to find a game that weekend to enjoy.