Today’s business environment is all about efficiency and optimization – how to achieve the highest rate of results with the lowest costs, least amount of environmental impact and highest customer satisfaction. Businesses need tools to help them accomplish these goals. Carma Systems has developed unique “machine-to-machine” monitoring systems that help their customers do just that – measure and monitor their progress and results as they’re happening. Carma Systems was founded in 2007 by a team of creative tech enthusiasts (and a kitty) who are dedicated to bring high-quality, cutting-edge wireless solutions to the B2B market. With a focus on building long-term solutions to conserve the time, money and resources of their clients, Carma Systems was born. Carma Systems’ customized devices can help to monitor data for many industries in many applications, including fleet management, athletic training and performance, supply chain management, manufacturing, facility management and healthcare. While Carma Systems’ products have many applications, fleet management demonstrates the full range of effectiveness of employing Carma Systems. Major companies like UPS and FedEx have already implemented M2M technology into their fleet vehicles, with proven results of reliability and success. Research shows that the information collected using M2M technology helps to track the health of vehicle components, measure acceleration and deceleration speeds, decrease idle time, and as a result their customers save money and time. The benefits of Carma Systems in fleet management include: • Lower insurance costs for fleet vehicles • Reduce gas mileage and CO2 emissions • Increase fuel efficiency • Monitor driving safety and route precision Carma Systems also keeps their focus on eco-friendly business practices. They created a proactive environmental policy called CarmaEarth that lays a foundation for responsible product development and reducing the impact of business operations. Their products are designed to use as little material as possible, thereby reducing their footprint on the environment. Along with the reduced volume of material needed, they also use low impact materials such as upcycled plastic which has up to 65% post consumer content and reduces the cradle-to-grave impact by up to 50% when compared to conventional plastics. While Carma Systems has taken strides to reduce waste and emissions, they recognize that they cannot completely eliminate carbon emissions. To take care of the rest, Carma Systems partners with Carbonfund.org to make emission offset donations to take carbon out of the atmosphere through Carbonfund.org’s various projects such as reforestation, energy efficiency and landfill off-gas recovery. To learn more about Carma Systems’ innovative products and services, please visit www.carmasys.com.
Care2 is a community that empowers individuals to make a difference. Care2 has over 18 million members, making it the web's largest community of people seeking to make a difference in issues like green living, human rights and animal welfare. The letter from the President Randy Paynter on the Care2 site says it all, “The idea is simple: Make it easy for everyone to live a healthy, green lifestyle and impact the causes they care about most.”
The Care2 site offers a plethora of engagement options, and here are just a few of them:
- healthy living – from food, to health, to pets to family this section of Care2 gives members categorized advice on ways that members can improve the overall well being of their lives in a variety of ways.
- community – want to join up with like-mined people? This is the place to meet people who are also looking for you, such as: travel, singles, parenting, hobbies, and many more.
- start a petition – this great feature allows individuals, non-profits, and other groups to make their voices heard in a simple but effective way to start petitions, spread the word, and get voices heard. In fact, ever notice the petition widget on the Carbonfund.org site? This is one way that Care2 and Carbonfund.org partner together to get a pro-environment message out to readers like you!
- eCards – for any occasion, Care2 offers eCards that range from spiritual to sentimental to romantic to funny. These cards are great for a special occasion or “just because.”
- free click to donate – this is one of the easiest ways you can support Carbonfund.org! With Care2s click to donate, a member can simply go onto the site and click on the Carbonfund.org cause under global warming to click our cause and get Care2 donations. This is a great way to support us and other causes without impacting your bank account.
- news network – the Care2 news network gives news from the US and around the world on many newsworthy areas including government, politics, culture, and more. This is a great one-stop shop to get the news that you care about.
- daily deals – looking to save on coffee, cosmetics, clothes and other socially/environmentally conscious stuff? Care2 provides a deal every day for subscribers that can save big money and support great businesses.
- green jobs – if you want a green job in policy, renewable energy, your favorite non-profit or more, this tool offers a great list of green jobs that can get you to work in the green economy. A great resource for folks looking for any kind of green collar job!
These engagement options that Care2 offers are just a few of many that members can explore. Carbonfund.org is certainly proud to partner with such a forward thinking organization. The membership is free and easy to sign up for so check it out today. To learn more please visit: http://www.care2.com or http://www.thepetitionsite.com.