- Carbon neutral travel - Through their partnership with the Carbonfund.org, all Earthbound globetrotters will travel carbon neutral. This is accomplished by supporting climate mitigation projects through Carbonfund.org.
- Location - Whether in a city or a village, accommodations are centrally located so that travelers can simply walk out the door and start exploring!
- Timing - Carefully crafted itineraries offer the best of a destination without long travel times or being rushed. This means more time for adventure!
- “Insider” Experiences - Earthbounders enjoy one-of-a-kind intimate experiences with local experts. This means a true local experience.
- Small Groups - Expeditions are with just 12-29 fellow travelers ( hosted journeys may be larger). You’ll discover treasures that are simply not available to large tour groups.
- Intimate Dining – Travelers enjoy regional specialties the way they were meant to be enjoyed.
- No Hidden Costs - All admissions and special events listed in your itinerary are included - even tips for your guide and driver.
- Superb Expedition Leaders - Guides offer a unique perspective on the destinations. These group leaders are great historians, naturalists and linguists, as well as great travel companions!
Coupon valid through Monday, April 25th. Click here to choose your brew.Besides the high-quality coffee, Grounds for Change is a great source for beans year-round because of their commitment to sustainable business. They are a member of 1% for the Planet, donate well over 1% of their total sales to various environmental organizations, and have received a Washington award for Outstanding Achievement in Sustainability. Why? Because every single bean they roast is Fair Trade Certified, Organic Certified, CarbonFree® Certified and Shade Grown, which means the possibility of a real livelihood for coffee growers, a breath of fresh air for the planet, zero net carbon emissions from crop to cup and healthy forests for migratory songbirds. Most recently, Grounds for Change became a Certified B Corporation - a new type of corporation that uses the power of business to meet comprehensive and transparent social and environmental performance standards, practice higher legal accountability standards, and build business constituency for “good business.” With a 15% discount, tree planting for your purchase, and the opportunity to support such a responsible business, now is the perfect time to take advantage of this Earth Day special and try Grounds for Change!
- Unlike Kyoto, the pending treaty will apply to both developed and developing countries
- A new Green Climate Fund will provide support to the poorest countries to help them reach their emission reduction goals and adapt to the realities of climate change
"[It] has not in itself taken us off the 4°C path we are on, but by forcing countries for the first time to admit that their current policies are inadequate and must be strengthened by 2015, it has snatched 2°C from the jaws of impossibility."[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="South African foreign minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane (right) gets a congratulatory hug from the conference executive director Christiana Figueres at the closing session."][/caption] The 2 °C to which he refers is the safe threshold, beyond which we'll begin to see catastrophic climate changes. 4 °C refers to the average surface temperature increase in the next century if we continue emitting greenhouse gases at the rate we are. As Jacobs' statement implies, despite the moderate advances made in Durban, there were also astonishing losses—among those, Canada, Russia and Japan's decisions to withdraw from the Kyoto protocol, citing an inability to meet their reduction targets. It's clear that no matter what the UN climate conferences achieve, negotiations between state leaders aren't going to be enough. Individuals and businesses must do their part by reducing what they can and offsetting what they can't. Carbonfund.org provides helpful tips and resources for reducing your emissions on our site, as well as tools to help you calculate you, your family, or your business' carbon footprint. Once you've reduced as much as possible, donate to our portfolio of carbon reduction projects to become entirely carbon neutral! To avoid 4 °C, we must remain committed to the fight on climate change. Join us today!