- Virgin Holiday Responsible Tourism Awards 2009
- Listing on the “BEST ADVENTURE TRAVEL COMPANIES [on earth]” by the editors of National Geographic Adventure Magazine.
- Rough Guides’ book – Clean Breaks: 500 New Ways to See the World - August 2009, includes special recommendation of Cascada Expediciones.
Thursday, 14 April 2011 17:06
Discover Deserts and Trek Tundra in One Trip with Cascada ExpedicionesWritten by Linda Kelly
Chile is a country of startling contrasts, extreme natural beauty and breathtaking landscapes. In fact some 2,500 miles (think San Francisco to New York) separates the northern and southernmost tips of this country. Such vast expanse offers an amazing variety of landscapes, from the desert to the challenging ice fields of Patagonia. In a land so characterized by its variety of beautiful landscapes, and its willingness to grow big yet restrained by its narrow natural boundaries, you will find an in-bound tour operator that takes you on those unforgettable journeys you can still touch when you close your eyes back home. Cascada Expediciones is not just a group of people that take you the greatest spots in all of Chile, but they also enlighten you, passing along their wisdom in and care of what is most dear to them: the environment. What started as a small kayaking school is now a passionate and world renowned Chilean in-bound tour operator that promotes environmentally sustainable tourist services, including a carbon offsetting program with Carbonfund.org to offset all emissions created by guest and guide travel to, from and within each destination. The belief that nature and our surroundings are a natural high, and a mental and physical charge is the very core of the philosophy that moves them. You won’t feel like an outsider; on the contrary, you’ll feel right at home and get the feeling you’ve been going there for quite some time now. Throughout its twenty years of operation, Cascada Expediciones has garnered many recognitions for exception travel experiences including:
Published in carbonfree blog
Latest from Linda Kelly
- Dolphin Blue Celebrates Fifth Year Carbonfree® and Encourages Other B Corps to Do the Same
- The Envira Amazonia Project: A Tropical Forest Conservation Project
- The Russas-Valparaiso Projects: Tropical Forest Conservation Projects
- PureLife Dental’s “Patients Planet Profits” Pledge Includes Carbonfree® Operations and Shipping
- Hornblower Cruises & Events Respects Our Planet through Carbonfree® Partnership